Be a Ball Kid
Be a part of the Thoreau Open as one of our amazing Ball Kids! Share the same court with top international players. Additional benefits include:
- Official Thoreau Open tournament uniform and program
- Two Thoreau Open semifinal and finals tickets
- Autograph sessions with WTA Players
- Thoreau Open Certificate of Participation
We are so glad you are signing up to be part of the 2019 Thoreau Open. You have the skills necessary to be successful. Our goal is to help you improve those skills even more so we can give the players the best experience possible.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE A 2019 THOREAU OPEN BALL KID
- Be physically able to perform 1-hour sessions on court with one-hour rest between sessions.
- Participate and complete the Training Session Requirements listed below. Please note that you must receive “Tournament Ready” status in order to participate in the Thoreau Open.
- Commit to a minimum of five (5) sessions during tournament. Three (3) of these must be on each of the following days: Monday, August 12th; Tuesday, August 13th; and Wednesday, August 14th.
- Attend Uniform Distribution/Orientation session onFriday August 9th at the Thoreau Club.
- Be between the ages of 8-20 (must turn 8 by August 12, 2019 – proof of age required).
- Purchase Thoreau Open shorts & socks online. A link to the online shop will be sent to parents in a future email.
HOW TO SIGN UP
- Fill out a
- Download, read, sign and return the email@example.com or by USPS to:
The Thoreau Club
275 Forest Ridge Road
Concord MA, 01742
forms. You must return these forms before you are able to select training sessions or tournament shifts. The forms MUST be printed out and signed before returning them to us. Minors (under 18) must have a parent sign the waiver while those over 18 may sign their own. Please return the forms via email to
- Print and study .
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding our policies on shift schedules, chaperones or training requirements.
2019 TRAINING SESSION SCHEDULE & REQUIREMENTS
All Ball Kids must receive ‘Tournament Ready’ status by participating in one of the following:
- Ball Kids are required to attend a minimum of four (4) training sessions at The Thoreau Club
- The number of training sessions listed are the minimum necessary. You may need to attend more in order to receive “Tournament Ready” status by a Ball Kid Chairperson.
We strongly recommend choosing early dates to ensure you get all of the training you need. This allows you to sign up for later dates should you need to cancel a session or add additional training.
THOREAU OPEN TRAINING DATES (times vary):
Wednesday June 26th, Tryout & Training 5:30-7:00pm
Friday June 28th, Tryout & Training 5:30-7:00pm
Sunday June 30th, Tryout & Training 4:00-5:30pm
Sunday July 14th, Training 1:00-2:30pm
Friday July 19th, Training 5:30-7:00pm
Wednesday August 7th, Training 5:30-7:00pm
Friday August 9th, Training/uniform distribution 5:30-7:00pm. (must attend)